Bird Study and Protection Society of Serbia
Our primary task is bird protection. Each species has its ecologically irreplaceable place in its habitat in nature. Human activities (especially in Vojvodina such as: agricultural development, forestry, infrastructure and water management) resulted in huge habitat loss for wildlife, thus the possibility for their existence is greatly reduced. Our members have the skills, knowledge, ability and a will to, with directed field work, help to improve the status of every bird species and enlarge possibilties of its survival.
Read more »
Since its founding, the Bird Study and Protection Society of Serbia has dedicated its work to:
• study and protection of birds and protection of their habitats in Serbia
• publishing data on the biology of birds publication (especially data on ecology, distribution and numbers)
• developing a network of active observers of birds and nature lovers
• public education on bird protection
• collaboration with various stakeholders in areas where birds live (no matter is it a protected area or not)
• international cooperation with the aim of developing joint activities for bird protection
• promotion of the bird protection
The overall objective of this project led by BirdLife International and financed by the European Comission is to raise the level of biodiversity protection in the Western Balkans through renewed environmental legislation complying with EU directives. Project supports more proactive role of civil society organizations in protection and management of natural resources. One of the objectives is to establish an effective network of seven nature conservation organizations in Croatia, Serbia, FYR of Macedonia, Montenegro and Bosnia & Herzegovina, well trained and informed to stimulate government action for biodiversity conservation through civil society mechanisms.
read more »
Objective of this project is to support Montenegro, FYROM and Serbia in their EU accession process through the increased role of NGOs in the implementation of key EU environmental policies and strategies, namely the EU policies relating to sustainable management of natural resources (Natura 2000), the rural development components of the EU Common Agricultural Policy and „green infrastructure“ regulations.
read more »